Have you ever been at a party or event and tasted a dip that you just HAD to have the recipe for? I can't tell you how many times I have called the host of a party and asked kindly if they wouldn't mind sharing their recipe with me.
The corn and walnut dip I am sharing with you today is the recipe for which I get the most requests. And guess what? I got it from my mom. Of course, she was at some event and requested it from that host. Who knows where this recipe originated. All I know is that is delicious and a crowd pleaser for sure!
Next time you are responsible for an appetizer, bring this corn and walnut dip! The guests will probably ask you for the recipe.
- 3 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (3 to 4 limes)
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (or more if you like it hot!)
- 1 8oz can of organic corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 4oz can diced green chilis
- 3 to 6 green onions, chopped
- Beat the softened cream cheese in a stand mixer.
- Beat in the lime juice and spices.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- I like to serve this dip with tortilla chips. But a nice sprouted cracker would be amazing as well!