As you know from my Stitch Fix Review from August, this is becoming my new favorite thing! I get so excited for my box of goodies to arrive each month and can't wait to see what my stylist chose for me!!!
This post is a bit delayed (went out of town for my 40th birthday, attended a blogger conference, been soooo busy!) but I LOVED my order this month! Before I get into it, let me review what Stitch Fix is for those of you who aren't familiar!
What’s Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix is an online stylist program. You fill out your own Stitch Fix Style Profile and their personal stylists will handpick five clothing items and accessories unique to YOUR taste, budget and lifestyle! You can buy what you like and return the rest with free shipping.
What’s the Catch?
There really isn’t one. First you sign up and let them know all about your style on a pretty extensive survey (glamorous? edgy? low-rise jeans? preppy?) and you pay a $20 styling fee for the five items to be shipped to you. If you do not keep any of the five items, you are only out $20. If you keep anything from the selection, the $20 is applied to your order. AND if you keep all five items, you get 25% off your entire order!!! You can ship any items you don’t want back to Stitch Fix for free in their handy pre-paid mailer.
Benefits of a Fix
What are the benefits of participating in Stitch Fix? They are many!
1. Shop from home and try on in your own room! I hate shopping because I never can find just what I want or forget what I have in my own closet to blend with the new items. With Stitch Fix, you can try on these new items in your own room, with your own accessories and clothes.
2. Free shipping and return shipping.
3. Benefits of a stylist for free or at the most $20 (if you don’t keep any of your items). I love being able to work with a stylist who will pick items for me that I may never pick for myself. They are aware of brands and pieces that I would never know existed!
4. Gets better over time. I know lots of people who are getting their Stitch Fix and most are very happy! And, it gets better over time. As you give feedback with each order, your stylist can really get to know what works for you!
5. Styling Tips. With each order you get free styling tips with two different suggestions on how to wear each item. I desperately need this help. I am so not creative at making outfits!
My September Stitch Fix
Here are the pieces I received from Stitch Fix and my review.
My daughter took the pictures (she is 8) and I think she did a decent job. We were in a hurry as I had not had time to try on my outfits and we were heading out of town shortly after this shoot. You have 3 days to choose your items so I was under a time crunch!!!
I didn't keep my receipt so I can only find the prices of the clothes I actually kept. Sorry!!
What do you think of them?
Pink Martini Fulton V-Neck Short Sleeve Knit Shirt $68
Seymour Hammered Oval Hoop Earrings $38
Level 99 Veda Cargo Skinny Pant
Review: I LOVED all three of these things. The top is so cute, comfortable and versatile. It could be paired with jeans, skinny pants, skirts, heels, boots…anything! Could even be layered with a long sleeved top and topped with a jacket or scarf. I loved the pants also…higher waisted, fitted and flattering. BUT I have a pair almost identical that I wear all the time. If I didn't have a similar pair, I totally would have kept the pants. And the earrings were a no brainer. So simple, versatile and cute! LOVE them! KEEP the top. RETURN the pants. KEEP the earrings.
Market and Spruce Alan Cowl Neck Asymmetrical Cardigan $58
Review: I love this sweater. It is a great color for me and the fabric is so comfortable. It looks cute open or zipped up. What an easy thing to throw on with a pair of jeans, a t shirt and dress up with heels or down with flats or boots. KEEP
La Made Nettie Thermal Dress
Review: I didn't love this as much as I thought I would. It was cute, comfortable and I loved the casual feel it had but I have a similar dress in a different color that I never wear and figured I probably wouldn't wear this. The color was great and I love cowl neck type clothing. RETURN
This month was great! I kept 3 of the 5 items but it wasn't that the stylist missed the mark. The two I returned I had similar things already at home. I gave feedback to my stylist and also told her I am looking for a cute chambray shirt and some high waisted brown trousers. We shall see what arrives in October!!!
Curious to give Stitch Fix a try? Check it out and tell me what you think!