Want to start using essential oils? Read this first!
Essential oils have been a huge addition to our healthy lifestyles. You could say they have changed our lives – and believe us, we were skeptics when we were first introduced to them. How on earth could a sniff of this or a rub of that help to improve our family’s health or wellbeing?
But before we explain why essential oils are so great, you might be wondering what they actually are!
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the oil of the plant from which they were extracted. They’re basically concentrated herbs! They contain all the goodness that protects and maintains the plant, and we can use them to help support our own bodies’ health and wellness.
There are many different kinds of oils out there, and they all have different properties and uses. From well-known plants like Bergamot and Eucalyptus to unusual and exotic ones like Petitgrain and Spikenard, there’s an unfathomably huge range to choose from – and they each provide all sorts of different benefits and uses.
How can essential oils help promote the health and wellbeing of you and your family?
We are not scientists (and you probably aren’t either), so we’ll explain how essential oils have helped our loved ones and us…
- Kelly’s older son sometimes has a hard time calming down at night enough to fall asleep. Diffusing lavender in his room before bed and while he sleeps has helped him tremendously.
- Tamara sometimes has a hard time concentrating when trying to work from home and diffusing Rosemary, Peppermint, Frankincense and/or Lemon has helped her stay on task and get things done.
Those are just three examples, but essential oils have also replaced many everyday products that we used to spend a fortune on. We now clean our homes with oil-infused natural cleaners rather than toxic chemicals from the supermarket, for example. We cleanse our faces with oil-infused natural products too. And everyone in the family benefits from using calming essential oils in the diffuser before bedtime!
But don’t just listen to us! Here are some testimonials from other people on our oily team!
“For someone just introducing oils to my daily life and to my family, I’m thrilled with Young Living Premium Starter Kit. The pocket guide and accessories from Oh Lardy made it so easy to take the steps of forming a habit of using my oils everyday. Even my kids are interested in joining me.” – Anonymous
“Last fall, my husband was ready to quit his job. I won’t go into all the irrational thoughts he was having, but I was terrified that things were not right with him. I got my kit around the first week of November and immediately began to diffuse everything. Within two weeks, he was back-peddling and saying he thought he would just take a couple of months off. Then it was a couple of weeks and ultimately, that is what he did. He changed right before my eyes. Fast forward a few months and he began to exercise on the weekends. A couple of months later, it is now two to three weekdays. Now, he asks for oils. He diffuses when I am not home, even around his buddies. I try not to say too much. I wait to see what is going to happen and what he will ask for next. My man is a changed person and I believe with all my heart that oils are responsible. Oh, and they helped me through all this too. I am awed and amazed.” – Jamie
“I joined YL in March of this year. I had been using EO’s from another company for a few months before that. I was drawn to YL by the amazing value of the PSK, the Seed to Seal guarantee and the AWESOME COMMUNITY!!! We have used the oils to replace SO MANY toxins in our home but the support and relationships are just as valuable. I have been HOOKED since my first event and since then I have begun building a great team of my own.” – Katie
“An answered prayer for our family. The oils and supplements like NingXia Red have changed our lives. We feel healthier than ever physically and emotionally. I got my PSK a year ago and my only regret is that I didn’t get it sooner.” – Selina
“Getting the PSK was the best decision I ever made to guide my family towards natural living. It has transformed our home, daily life, supported our immunity and our emotional wellness in ways I never fathomed were possible. The community of Oily Angels and the energy of this company has brought me to my calling – closer to others – closer to God, because I get to spread this invaluable gift from nature; a gift that Young Living so carefully and mindfully helps unwrap.” – Mary
Can you just use any essential oils?
In our opinion, no. We’ve done a lot of research into this and if you ask us, there’s one particular brand that stands head and shoulders above the rest: Young Living.
Introducing Young Living Essential Oils!
There are many reasons why this brand is so great, but here are our three favorites:
1: The source matters
One of the most important things we’ve learned in our journey to healthy living is that it’s not just what something is – it’s where it comes from, how it’s grown, and how it’s processed. Whether it’s blueberries fresh from the farm, or cows on green pasture, or a soft organic t-shirt, we know that the source matters.
We did many hours of research to find an essential oil company that we felt we could trust with our family’s health. Young Living is that company: they truly care about quality.
To ensure the purity of their oils, Young Living sets the bar high. We actually own our own farms and distilleries around the globe and follow a stringent process: Seed to Seal – the HIGHEST standards for planting, harvesting, and distilling on the farms they own and co-op! Many of our team members have visited Young Living Farms (Oh Lardy included!) and it is amazing. Check out this video of some of our team at Winter Harvest in Idaho:
2: You become part of a big, friendly community
As a Young Living member, you automatically become a member of a big oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users.
We’ve been using our oils for a long time, but we still reach out to the our close-knit community for their advice and expertise!
3: The Young Living Premium Starter Kit is the best introduction to essential oils (and it’s such great value, too!)
No other essential oils company offers such a great-value and comprehensive range of products to get you started.
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit contains your everyday staples – all the oils and equipment you want to have on hand for a variety of situations. There’s an excellent user guide, too, which will help you understand how to use everything contained in the kit.
Here’s what else is great: once you buy the Premium Starter Kit, you automatically become a “wholesale member” of Young Living. This means you can continue to buy other Young Living products for a huge 24% discount off the retail price! You’re under zero obligation to buy any other products as a wholesale member, but if you do, you get 24% off!
Ready to buy your Young Living Premium Starter Kit?
Here’s what you get:
- Ten 5ml bottles of essential oils: Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway, Thieves, Purification, Copaiba, RC and DiGize. Plus a bonus bottle of the popular Stress Away blend.Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see how we use these essential oils every day.
- A choice of diffusers (Home, Bamboo or Dew Drop).
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (to turn any oil into a roll-on)
- Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends)
- Two NingXia Red 2oz samples (an antioxidant drink concentrate that’s a great supplement for supporting health and wellbeing)
- 10 small sample bottles to share your oils with others.
- A variety of documentation and information on how to use your oils.
Total value: $300
You pay: $160 – that’s 50% off!
And remember: once you’ve purchased the kit, you automatically become a wholesale member – which entitles you to 24% off all future purchases from Young Living! There are NO monthly minimums or fees.
Our Gifts to You
- Reference book or app
- Private Facebook group
- Email series
- One on one support
- Online classes (in person classes in Phoenix and Chicago)
- Business building support
- Oily accessory gift bag
- and so much more!!!
These resources will empower you to use essential oils to the fullest! You can learn how to use these oils to support your healthy lifestyle!
Step-by-step: purchase your Premium Starter Kit
1. Click on the link below to sign up.
2. Select “Sign up as: Young Living Wholesale Member” – which will allow you to purchase the Premium Starter Kit.
3. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact information. (You’ll be asked for your social security number in case you want to become a distributor of Young Living products in future. This information will never be shared with anyone.)
4. Create your password and PIN – which you’ll use to log in to your account and order any future oils.
6. Optional: sign up for the frequent buyers’ club called Essential Rewards (ER). When you join Essential Rewards, you’ll start accumulating rewards points for everything you buy, which can be used to get free products on future orders. There’s no need to join right away – you can purchase your Starter Pack first and join the ER club later if you prefer.
7. Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
8. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER! We’ve had many folks miss this step and end up not fully checking out – and we don’t want you missing out on your oils!
Some great ways to use the essential oils in your Premium Starter Pack
Each of the oils in your Premium Starter Pack has SO many fabulous uses, but here are some of the ways in which we like to use them:
- Relaxing, soothing scent creates a calming atmosphere, when diffused
- Unwind by adding a few drops to nighttime bath
- Diffuse for a fresh, clean scent and to eliminate odors
- May complement some of your favorite shampoos, lotions or skin care products
- Supports gastrointestinal system comfort*
- Promotes healthy bowel function*
- Maintains efficiency of digestive tract*
- Supports normal digestion*
- May support performance during exercise *
- Includes the naturally occurring constituent limonene (google it!)
- Love to add a drop to water to support overall health
- It takes about 75 lemons to make one 15 ml bottle of lemon oil
- Diffuse during meditation for grounding and purpose
- Use for massage after activity
- May help smooth the appearance of healthy looking skin
- Includes the naturally occurring constituents boswellic acid and alpha-Pinene
PanAway (an oil blend containing wintergreen, helichrysum, clove and peppermint):
- Apply topically after exercise
- Supports the appearance of healthy skin coloration
- Has a stimulating aroma
- Create a soothing bath by adding to epsom salts
- Includes naturally occurring constituents methyl salicylate, gamma-curcumene, menthol, and eugenol.
Stress Away (an oil blend containing copaiba, lime, cedarwood, vanilla, ocotea and lavender):
- Stress Away essential oil is a unique blend of stress-relieving and relaxing essential oils that can help reduce tension.
- Add 2-3 drops to water to enhance flavor
- Promotes wellness
- Includes Eucalyptus radiata, which may help maintain healthy respiratory and immune systems when taken internally.*
- Includes naturally occurring constituents limonene, eugenol, and eucalyptol.
- May contribute to overall wellness when taken as a dietary supplement.
Purification (an oil blend containing citronella, lemongrass, lavandin, rosemary, tea tree and myrtle):
- Diffuse to freshen air and eliminate odors
- Apply topically to enjoy the outdoors annoyance free
- Add a few drops to a cotton ball and place in a smelly gym bag
DiGize (an oil blend containing ginger, anise, fennel, peppermint, tarragon, lemongrass, patchouli and juniper):
- Includes naturally occurring constituents like menthol, citrol, and zingiberen.
- Use DiGize with every meal, along with Essentialzymes-4™, to support a daily wellness regimen*
- When traveling, use DiGize as a dietary supplement in your water.
RC (an oil blend containing cypress, spruce, and three types of Eucalyptus):
- Rub on feet or chest before exercising to uplift and inspire
- Rub 3 drops on feet before bedtime
- Includes the naturally occurring constituents eucalyptol, limonene, linalol, linalol acetate, and camphene
- Diffuse to create a comforting aroma
- Promotes wellness.
- Mix with honey and warm water to create a tea.
- Take as a dietary supplement.
- Includes the naturally occurring constituents beta-caryophyllene and alpha-humulene
As a member of the Oh Lardy’s essential oil team, you will receive amazing support including one on one support, education, training, classes and education. If you would like to schedule a time to talk about essential oil options or how to get started with Young Living, we’d be happy to help. Click here to send us an email and we will get back to you.
Young Living is a company that promotes a lifestyle of wellness, purpose and abundance. Our team is committed to sharing and educating our members toward living a life of optimal wellness. As a member of our team you are given a variety of tools to support your journey: reference book, oily accessory kit, private ‘members only’ forum, email series, classes and more!
When you join our Young Living team, you are joining an entire community of people dedicated toward living a healthier lifestyle. In our private ‘members only’ forum, you will be able to share testimonials, learn from other team members, participate in fun essential oil giveaways, and connect with the team as you continue on this journey.
You will fall in love with what Young Living products can do for you. When you are ready to start sharing Young Living with your friends and family, we have a private business training forum along with a 30 day training program for our team. We give you access to numerous business resources to help you succeed!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.