Want to start using essential oils? Read this first!
Essential oils have been a huge addition to our healthy lifestyles. You could say they have changed our lives – and believe us, we were skeptics when we were first introduced to them. How on earth could a sniff of this or a rub of that help to improve our family’s health or wellbeing?
But before we explain why essential oils are so great, you might be wondering what they actually are!
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the oil of the plant from which they were extracted. They’re basically concentrated herbs! They contain all the goodness that protects and maintains the plant, and we can use them to help support our own bodies’ health and wellness.
There are many different kinds of oils out there, and they all have different properties and uses. From well-known plants like Bergamot and Eucalyptus to unusual and exotic ones like Petitgrain and Spikenard, there’s an unfathomably huge range to choose from – and they each provide all sorts of different benefits and uses.
How can essential oils help promote the health and wellbeing of you and your family?
We are not scientists (and you probably aren’t either), so we’ll explain how essential oils have helped our loved ones and us…
- Kelly’s older son sometimes has a hard time calming down at night enough to fall asleep. Diffusing lavender in his room before bed and while he sleeps has helped him tremendously.
- Tamara sometimes has a hard time concentrating when trying to work from home and diffusing Rosemary, Peppermint, Frankincense and/or Lemon has helped her stay on task and get things done.
- Peppermint gets used during homework time too: we put it in the diffuser in the dining room where we work, and it helps us all focus so much better and enjoy what we’re working on.
Those are just three examples, but essential oils have also replaced many everyday products that we used to spend a fortune on. We now clean our homes with oil-infused natural cleaners rather than toxic chemicals from the supermarket, for example. We cleanse our faces with oil-infused natural products too. And everyone in the family benefits from using calming essential oils in the diffuser before bedtime!
Can you just use any essential oils?
In our opinion, no. We’ve done a lot of research into this and if you ask us, there’s one particular brand that stands head and shoulders above the rest: Young Living.
Introducing Young Living Essential Oils!
There are many reasons why this brand is so great, but here are our three favorites:
1: The source matters
One of the most important things we’ve learned in our journey to healthy living is that it’s not just what something is – it’s where it comes from, how it’s grown, and how it’s processed. Whether it’s blueberries fresh from the farm, or cows on green pasture, or a soft organic t-shirt, we know that the source matters.
We did many hours of research to find an essential oil company that we felt we could trust with our family’s health. Young Living is that company: they truly care about quality.
To ensure the purity of their oils, the team at Young Living set the highest standards for planting, harvesting, and distilling on the farms they own and co-op. And if we’re going to be putting products on our family’s skin and around our homes, we want to know they’re pure and unadulterated!
2: You become part of a big, friendly community
As a Young Living member, you automatically become a member of a big oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users.
We’ve been using our oils for a long time, but we still reach out to the our close-knit community for their advice and expertise!
3: The Young Living Premium Starter Kit is the best introduction to essential oils (and it’s such great value, too!)
No other essential oils company offers such a great-value and comprehensive range of products to get you started.
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit contains your everyday staples – all the oils and equipment you want to have on hand for a variety of situations. There’s an excellent user guide, too, which will help you understand how to use everything contained in the kit.
Here’s what else is great: once you buy the Premium Starter Kit, you automatically become a “wholesale member” of Young Living. This means you can continue to buy other Young Living products for a huge 24% discount off the retail price! You’re under zero obligation to buy any other products as a wholesale member, but if you do, you get 24% off!
Ready to buy your Young Living Premium Starter Kit?
Here’s what you get:
- Ten 5ml bottles of essential oils: Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway, Thieves, Purification, Copaiba, RC and DiGize. Plus a bonus bottle of the popular Stress Away blend.Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see how we use these essential oils every day.
- A choice of diffusers (Home, Bamboo or Dew Drop).
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (to turn any oil into a roll-on)
- Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends)
- Two NingXia Red 2oz samples (an antioxidant drink concentrate that’s a great supplement for supporting health and wellbeing)
- 10 small sample bottles to share your oils with others.
- A variety of documentation and information on how to use your oils.
Total value: $300
You pay: $160 – that’s 50% off!
And remember: once you’ve purchased the kit, you automatically become a wholesale member – which entitles you to 24% off all future purchases from Young Living! There are NO monthly minimums or fees.
Note: If you join Young Living through Oh Lardy and purchase the Premium Kit, we will gift you some great essential oil references!!!!
These resources will empower you to use essential oils to the fullest! You can learn how to use these oils to support your healthy lifestyle!
Step-by-step: purchase your Premium Starter Kit
1. Click on the link below to sign up.
2. Select “Sign up as: Young Living Wholesale Member” – which will allow you to purchase the Premium Starter Kit.
3. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact information. (You’ll be asked for your social security number in case you want to become a distributor of Young Living products in future. This information will never be shared with anyone.)
4. Create your password and PIN – which you’ll use to log in to your account and order any future oils.
6. Optional: sign up for the frequent buyers’ club called Essential Rewards (ER). When you join Essential Rewards, you’ll start accumulating rewards points for everything you buy, which can be used to get free products on future orders. There’s no need to join right away – you can purchase your Starter Pack first and join the ER club later if you prefer.
7. Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
8. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER! We’ve had many folks miss this step and end up not fully checking out – and we don’t want you missing out on your oils!
Some great ways to use the essential oils in your Premium Starter Pack
Each of the oils in your Premium Starter Pack has SO many fabulous uses, but here are some of the ways in which we like to use them:
- Calming and balancing – we all know that ahhh feeling we get from Lavender!
- Supports a healthy nervous system and healthy skin
- Diffuse before bedtime
- Add to lotion to support the skin
- Love to add to bath salts for a relaxing soak
- Supports a healthy and balanced digestive system
- Wakes you up! Great to use before a workout!
- Add a drop to your water to support your digestive system
- Helps with focus and conentration
- Stained clothes? Rub the oil all over the stain, then immediately put the item in the washing machine. Works like no other stain remover – even on dried-out stains!
- Works great as a natural ‘goo’ gone on those pesky sticker labels
- Love to add a drop to water to support a healthy liver
- Prized for rejuvenating and supporting healthy aging skin
- Beautifully spiritual to diffuse while praying or meditating
- Supports a healthy immune system
PanAway (an oil blend containing wintergreen, helichrysum, clove and peppermint):
- Supports a healthy muscular-skeletal system
- Eases occasional discomfort after heavy exercise
- Create a soothing bath by adding to epsom salts
Stress Away (an oil blend containing copaiba, lime, cedarwood, vanilla, ocotea and lavender):
- If you’re looking for a sense of relaxation or you want to reduce feelings of stress to help you sleep better, Stress Away is for you!
- Apply it generously to your wrists or the back of your neck, use it in a diffuser, or add two drops to water as needed.
- Supportive of a healthy immune system – I love to make this foot rub with it
- Excellent essential oil for use in homemade cleaning recipes
- Add a drop to honey or yogurt to support your immune system
Purification (an oil blend containing citronella, lemongrass, lavandin, rosemary, tea tree and myrtle):
- Add a few drops to shoes or gym bags to help neutralize odors.
- Add a few drops to some baking soda as a carpet deodorizer
- Diffuse to rid your home of odors
DiGize (an oil blend containing ginger, anise, fennel, peppermint, tarragon, lemongrass, patchouli and juniper):
- Rub on your stomach to help with occasional digestive issues.
- Add a drop to water to support a healthy digestive system.
- Add several drops to a capsule and take to support your healthy digestive system.
RC (an oil blend containing cypress, spruce, and three types of Eucalyptus):
- Diffuse to support a healthy respiratory system!
- Rub R.C. on your feet or chest before exercise to uplift and inspire.
- Massage three drops on your feet before bedtime to encourage an atmosphere of comfort.
- Promotes wellness.
- Mix with honey and warm water to create a tea.
- Take as a dietary supplement.
- Gargle with it.
Congratulations on starting your oily adventure! We’ll be sending you a welcome email soon, which contains tons of resources and information about getting started.