My daughter LOVES peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I mean L O V E S. She could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I let her!
I came across a smoothie recipe that sort of reminded me of a PB and J from my friend, Kristi, at Veggie Converter. I wanted to tweak it a bit using ingredients we have at home, added some maca (for stress relief) and gelatin (for digestion and healthy skin and nails)…sure enough…success!
My daughter LOVED this! I did too, actually. I liked the creaminess and sourness of the kefir, the sweet of the berry and the touch of nuttiness from the peanut butter. This is a great breakfast or snack.
You can make it ahead of time and keep in the fridge. You will need to re-blend with a bit of ice and some milk or kefir to get it back to a nice consistency before enjoying.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
adapted from Veggie Converter’s Banana Almond Butter Coconut Smoothie
Makes about 3 cups
- 2 cups plain kefir
- 2 tbsp organic peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1-2 handfuls of frozen berries (any berries)
- 1 handful of raw spinach
- 1 tbsp gelatin (where to buy)
- 1 tbsp maca (optional) (where to buy)
- Place all ingredients in high speed blender (buy one here)
- Add more liquid (milk or kefir) if necessary
- If this recipe makes too much, you can always refrigerate the leftovers. Then re-blend with some added kefir/milk and ice.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
We are affiliates with Amazon.com. If you use Amazon and would like to help us earn a little money to enable us to keep providing you excellent content, click this link for our favorite Garlic Peeler. You do not have to buy the item, but we will receive a very small commission on anything you buy on Amazon within 24 hours. Thank you for your support!