We are constantly doing a lot to support our healthy immune systems. We eat fermented foods, take elderberry syrup, eat lots of green veggies and take Juice Plus.
Awhile back, I was on the hunt for a salve with soothing vapors that I could make at home. I found lots of recipes online so I figured it was something I should try out.
For my family, I put this homemade vapor rub on our feet at night, covered with socks. Love it!
Natural Homemade Vapor Rub
- 5 tbsp.extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. evening primrose oil or other carrier oil such as olive oil or sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 8 – 10 drops tea tree essential oil
- 15 – 20 drops eucalyptus globulus essential oil
- In a small pan, melt the coconut oil and evening primrose oil.
- Add the beeswax, chopped up (or in granules) and stir until melted.
- Add the essential oils and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 4-oz. glass jar and allow to cool.
- I store mine in the medicine cabinet, instead of the fridge, because I want it soft enough to spread on tiny feet.
Adapted from Modern Alternative Mama
Oh Lardy http://ohlardy.com/
Good luck and enjoy the benefits of a restful sleep with our homemade vapor rub.
**NOT FOR ORAL CONSUMPTION**
Note: we only recommend Young Living Essential Oils. If you would like to learn more about why, why don’t you try out our free 14 day e-course!
This post has been part of Natural Living Monday