Last week I announced my goal for the month of drinking a green drink every day. I am mostly drinking green juices, but having some smoothies here and there too.
I also shared a roundup of over 30 delicious green drink recipes as inspiration. Have you tried any yet?
You may be wondering…why the green drink? Well, green vegetables are incredibly nutrient dense foods. We definitely don't get enough of them in our daily diet and drinking them is an easy way of adding more! There are many benefits of green vegetables! We should all be eating them!
Did you know that green vegetables are the food that is most deficient in Americans' diets? This probably doesn't come as a huge surprise but adding more greens to your diet is the #1 food you can eat regularly to improve your health!
Green vegetables can supply:
- Minerals such as magnesium, calcium and iron
- Folic acid
- and more!
Adding more green vegetables to your diet can improve your health in so many ways.
Green Vegetables can:
- Alkalize the body (good for cancer prevention)
- Boost your immune system
- Increase circulation
- Add enzymes to promote better digestion
- Clean the blood
- Increase your energy
- Help liver, gall bladder and kidney function better
- Reduce mucus
- Reduce cholesterol
- and so much more!
How can you get more green vegetables in your diet?
- Make a salad.
- Lightly steam and top with butter or olive oil and real sea salt.
- Drink fresh juices and green smoothies
- Add them to your scrambled eggs.
- Add to soups.
- Eat them raw.
- Add green powders to smoothies.
- The choices are endless!
How do you go about getting green veggies every day? I make a point to eat them with every meal at home and now am adding them daily with green juices and smoothies! Share your tips and suggestions in the comments!