Traveling throughout Greece was wonderful on many levels. But a highlight was the food. Everything was so fresh, simply prepared, delicious. Like a simple Greek Salad, this baked feta cheese recipe is sure to delight!
I will be honest that feta is not my favorite cheese. I will eat it but never would choose it on its own. But, one afternoon as we enjoyed a lovely lunch, our driver ordered baked feta for us. Wow, this was a huge favorite and we have made it several times since.
All you need is feta cheese, olive oil, thinly sliced onions, peppers and tomatoes. Serve with crusty bread, crackers or (my favorite low carb suggestion), leaves of endive!
Baked Feta Cheese
- Feta Cheese
- Thinly sliced onions peppers, tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Fresh or dried oregano
- Place feta on cast iron pan or on foil.
- Top with onions, peppers and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle oregano over the cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees until melted (about 15-20 minutes)
Or if you are grain free or low carb, serve with endive leaves! Delicious and not as filling as bread.