I just love the versatility of a pasta salad. It can be a side dish or it can be a main dish! I have complete control over the quality of the ingredients and I can always tweak the recipe a bit to change it up a bit from time to time. My favorite part about this salad…my kids LOVE it! It is my go to dinner when I need to make something ahead of time on a busy night and want the option to just scoop and serve!
- 1 pound of chicken thighs (or breasts, or whatever chicken meat you like!)
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (or any kind of pasta you like!)
- 1 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- 6 oz fontina cheese (cubed) - lately the hubs has been liking swiss cheese in this! Feel free to experiment with the cheese!
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Cook the chicken and chop into bite sized pieces
- Cook the pasta, drain
- Mix the dried spices, salt and pepper, and vinegars in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat
- Mix in the grapes, cheese, chicken, and basil. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate and serve when ready!
What do you like in your pasta salads? How would you make this recipe your own? Tell us in the comments!