I love moisturizing after a shower. I find in the winter months, my skin gets so dry from the cold air outside and the heated air inside.
I try to drink plenty of water and make sure I am eating enough healthy fats to keep my skin healthy from the inside out but I also like using non-toxic products on the outside of my skin as well. I love using Young Living‘s lavender lotion and also like to make my own with shea butter and coconut oil after scrubbing my body with a relaxing sugar scrub.
This DIY body oil recipe is an amazing addition to the moisturizing regimen. I shower up and while my skin is still slightly damp, slather this oil on. Feels great. Smells amazing!!
You can use whatever essential oils you like. I have been making an energizing blend recently because sometimes I need some energizing help in the morning. 🙂
I usually use almond oil and jojoba oil as my carrier oil but you can use whatever you like for your skin!
- 1 1/2 ounces almond oil
- 1/2 ounce jojoba or rosehip oil
- 20 drops of your favorite essential oil combination
- Add oils and essential oils to a 2 ounce container.
- Shake and use after the shower when skin is still damp.
- 10 drops lavender, 5 drops Ylang Ylang, 5 drops Cedarwood
- 10 drops Eucalyptus, 5 drops Idaho Balsam Fir, 5 drops Bergamot
- 9 drops lavender, 5 drops Geranium, 5 drops Bergamot, 3 drops Frankincense, 1 drop Rose (optional)
And the lovely people over at SKS Bottle and Packaging have allowed us to share an exclusive discount with Oh Lardy readers! You can get these cute 2 ounce, frosted glass pump bottles (Item # 4000-52) for 10% off if you enter Coupon Code: SKSCoupon01 upon checkout.
Are you also feeling like your head is spinning when it comes to detoxifying your beauty cabinet? We created this fantastic PDF to help you along your way!