Joy is a lovely essential oil blend from Young Living! The delightful fresh and floral scent is uplifting and happy!
Joy is a blend of 10 essential oils: Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Rosewood, Lemon, Mandarin, Jasmine, Roman Chamomile, Palmarosa, and Rose. This powerhouse of oils supports a healthy immune system, supports healthy joint function, has antioxidants, fights the blues, and is calming.
It is an exotic blend with stimulating overtones that create magnetic energy and bring joy to the heart. Joy can exude an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness.
There are many uses for the Joy essential oil blend. Here are some favorites:
- Quick uplift – Put 1-2 drops of Joy on a tissue or in the palm of your hand and inhale to lift your spirits and release negative emotions. Or wear a drop on your heart or tip of your nose for the same thing. Diffuse in the home to give everyone a happy boost!
- Floor Freshener – Put 2-3 drops of Joy on a cotton ball and place inside the canister of your vacuum cleaner. Sprinkle a few drops onto a rag and wipe down the hard floors in your home.
- Mood-Boosting Bath – Use several drops of Joy in your bathwater (or use the recipe below) to boost your mood, clear your mind, and calm stress.
- Supports Healthy Circulation – Rub a drop or two “neat” on areas of poor circulation.
- Nervousness – Use a drop on wrists, neck, heart, or feet to help reduce irritability and nervous tension.
- Laundry Fragrance – Place 2 drops on a cloth and place in the dryer for great smelling clothes.
- Perfumed Deodorant – Mix in a small jar: 2 oz cornstarch, 1 oz baking soda, 5 drops Joy. Apply to underarms instead of traditional deodorant.
- Massage – Dilute 10-12 drops in 2 oz of massage oil for an energizing and romantic massage.
- Scented Body Lotion – Stir a few drops into plain lotion for a joyful addition to your daily beauty regimen.
- Menstrual Cramps – Massage a few drops on abdomen to relieve menstrual cramping.
- Scented Stationary – Sprinkle Joy on note cards and letters to make a lovely scented stationary that lifts others' spirits, too.
- Car Air Freshener – Place Joy on a cotton ball into the air vents of your car or mix with water in a spray bottle and spritz the inside of your vehicle for happy family road trips.
- Libido – Joy may boost a low sex drive. Diffuse and apply topically.
What is your favorite use for Joy?
Joy Bath Salts
- 1/2 cup epsom salts
- 2-3 drops Joy essential oil
Place ingredients in a container and shake to combine. Pour the salt mixture into a warm bath and enjoy!
Makes enough for one bath. Scale as needed.