I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned on this page. See more details here.
Check out what Kelly and Tamara found this week around the blogosphere! Grab a glass of your favorite beverage, relax and Cheers!
- We all know that Girl Scout cookies are full of garbage ingredients. I have nothing against treats or cookies but prefer them real food ingredients. The new cookie this year are ‘healthier' Mango Cremes…supposedly enriched with nutrients and containing “a mango-flavored creme filling with all the nutrient benefits of eating cranberries, pomegranates, oranges, grapes, and strawberries!” Enriching garbage ingredient cookies with vitamins and minerals does not make a cookie ‘healthy'. I think these cookies are a complete joke. Read more about the cookie in this article. -tm
- Are you vegetarian or considering going vegetarian? I know a lot of very unhealthy vegetarians…vegetarians who eat tons of refined carbs, soy products and very little vegetables. It can be a challenge to get a nutrient dense diet without animal products. Here two great articles on the challenge of going vegetarian.
- Do you struggle with heartburn? Do you take acid blockers? It is now becoming more well known that usually heartburn is from TOO LITTLE acid not TOO MUCH! Heartburn medication can cause many problems. Here's an article talking about the dirty secret behind heartburn medication.
- I get tired of people promoting drinking chocolate milk as if it is some kind of health food, especially in schools. (not homemade chocolate milk but the highly processed garbage you buy in the stores). Spoonfed has some great arguments against the promotion of chocolate milk in schools.
- Are you fat enough? What?! Dr. Hyman explains how important it is to have fat in your diet and what fat does in your body! We need (good) fat, people! Our bodies depend on fat to function.
- I couldn't agree with this post more! It does take baby steps sometimes to become a real foodie. Are you looking to make the switch to real food? Honest to Goodness Living has 5 baby steps to real food that you need to be taking!
- Risotto is one of my favorite foods. I usually have a savory risotto with mushrooms, cheese…yum! Jenny at Nourished Kitchen has an amazing looking recipe for a sweet risotto. I am intrigued!
Oh Lardy! is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.