Check out what Kelly and Tamara found this week around the blogosphere! Grab a glass of your favorite beverage, relax and Cheers!
- One more reason to get a pressure canner! One hour beef stock that gels every time! One hour!! Now, if only I had the storage space! And a garden, so that I could pressure can other things, too.
- One of our favorite treats is apples cooked in butter, honey, and cinnamon! These baked apple slices are right up our alley!
- The Hedonist's Breakfast and Hollandaise For 1 (or 10!) looks like a perfect way to start the day. Too bad my kids would leave the table when they saw all of that green. Baby steps, I say. They will get there some day.
- This post by Food Babe absolutely INFURIATED me! I emailed it to all of my friends and felt the urge to storm Washington DC. She gives solid examples of how large American food companies are exploiting Americans! They have better, ‘cleaner' ingredients in processed foods sold overseas, while we get stuck with the toxic chemicals…many of which are BANNED in many countries! This is a MUST READ!!! We need to demand change!
- Maintaining body strength is just as imperative for good health as eating good food. Our core is an important part of our body. It isn't just about looking good in a bikini, but being able to keep your body straight, to pick up your children, to head into old age strong and healthy! Thank Your Body gives some good core strengthening exercises in this post!
- Trying to conceive? Currently pregnant? Have a family? Are you concerned about proper nutrition? Food Renegade's new book, Beautiful Babies, is amazing! It is full of everything you need to know to nourish your body and your little ones' bodies. If you pre-order the book now, you get a coupon for a FREE enrollment in her Beautiful Babies e-course(a $199 value)!