I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned on this page. See more details here.
Welcome to Friday Happy Hour! Check out all of the interesting things Kelly and Tamara found this week. Grab a glass of your favorite beverage, enjoy and cheers!
- Looking for some great snack ideas for your child's nut free classroom? It does NOT have to be junk and processed foods! Check out Lisa Leake's list over at www.100daysofrealfood.com Awesome ideas in a printable format. I gave the list to my daughter's teacher and she is going to try to incorporate some of the information into our class snack list! Yay! -tm
- My friend, Debra, over at Adventures in Eating and Everything After, has a great blog where she muses about food trends, cooking, and a variety of other things. Be prepared to leave her site hungry and ready to cook! -tm
- I learned about the documentary, “Food Stamped” and while I missed the free screening online, I still added it to my Netflix queue. This film follows a couple as they try to eat a healthy diet on a food stamp budget. I haven't seen it yet and I really hope they can do it!! -kl
- My FAVORITE quote of the week “You can't out-train a bad diet.” came from this article. There seems to be so much confusion over exercising and nutrition. I think exercise and fitness are so important for health reasons and for maintaining strength (I want to be strong enough to not pull my back out lifting my child, etc.). But the most important aspect of losing weight or maintaining a healthy weight (as well as maintaining health and wellness) is the food you put in your body. -tm
- I came across this article on facebook earlier this week. I think it is an interesting perspective on the importance of keeping variety in our diet! – kl
Oh Lardy! is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.