I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned on this page. See more details here.
Welcome to Friday Happy Hour! Check out all of the interesting things Kelly and Tamara found this week. Grab a glass of your favorite beverage, enjoy and cheers!
- Soaring prices on corn have led one farmer to feed his cattle candy. Awesome. I am sure that is some good quality meat and milk.
- I am getting ready to do a series of posts on the benefits of eating fermented foods. Before I do, check out this article about author Sandor Katz (The Art of Fermentation) and fermented foods. -tm
- The FDA has approved over 3000 food additives over the years. Here's a slideshow of 8 that you definitely want to avoid.
- This is a pretty good list of healthy staples to have in your kitchen. Would you add anything to the list?
- This is an interesting article on the effects of gut bacteria on Type 2 diabetes. I just took a class that was all about gut bacteria and improving the amount of ‘good guys' in your gut. The more I learn the more I realize how important the bacteria in our body is for our health. I am getting ready to do a 6 part blog series on gut bacteria and probiotic foods! -tm
- I thought this was a fun little graphic with good advice on how to pack a lunchbox! I am always looking for more ideas and I found this helpful!
Oh Lardy! is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.