Welcome to Friday Happy Hour! Check out all of the interesting things Kelly and Tamara found this week. Grab a glass of your favorite beverage, enjoy and cheers!
- Soaring prices on corn have led one farmer to feed his cattle candy. Awesome. I am sure that is some good quality meat and milk.
- I am getting ready to do a series of posts on the benefits of eating fermented foods. Before I do, check out this article about author Sandor Katz (The Art of Fermentation) and fermented foods. -tm
- The FDA has approved over 3000 food additives over the years. Here's a slideshow of 8 that you definitely want to avoid.
- This is a pretty good list of healthy staples to have in your kitchen. Would you add anything to the list?
- This is an interesting article on the effects of gut bacteria on Type 2 diabetes. I just took a class that was all about gut bacteria and improving the amount of ‘good guys' in your gut. The more I learn the more I realize how important the bacteria in our body is for our health. I am getting ready to do a 6 part blog series on gut bacteria and probiotic foods! -tm
- I thought this was a fun little graphic with good advice on how to pack a lunchbox! I am always looking for more ideas and I found this helpful!