I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned on this page. See more details here.
Welcome to Friday Happy Hour! Check out all of the interesting things Kelly and Tamara found this week. Grab a glass of your favorite beverage, enjoy and cheers!
- I will admit that I have not yet fully embraced the cleaning out of my beauty products due to questionable contents. I am strict with my food pantry. I do a good job with beauty products that my daughter uses. However, when it comes to me, I haven't yet been able to tackle the research, try new products and figure out what works best for me. Heather, aka Mommypotamus, has a new e-book for pre-sale this weekend! It is a DIY beauty guide, sure to be full of great products you can make with great ingredients! Maybe this will spur me over the edge for my own beauty regime! -tm
- I am so excited to try this recipe! I have been wanting to try my hand at homemade corn tortillas. Now I have a recipe to follow! I just ordered a tortilla press from Amazon and can't wait to give it a go! (If you aren't an Amazon prime member, you should check it out. A small yearly fee and free 2 day shipping on most products!) -tm
- Looking for some decent treats to give to kids on Halloween? I am always struggling. I have done the play-doh/sticker thing. Last year we gave out full size packs of gum (which was a big hit). Here's a great post with ideas. And, check out the selection at Natural Candy Store! Hope this helps!
- My kids have already come home with colds and it is barely October! I saw this article and found in informative! I have some dried elderberries, now I just need to find a recipe!!
- While I am talking about colds – a fully customizable vapo-rub! Just add different oils to address your discomfort! Perfect!
- Here's an article of 3 things that may be tripping you up nutritionally!
- And, at the risk of beating a dead horse, another rebuttal to the Stanford Study. Mark Bittman has an excellent article regarding the Stanford Study that was in the NY Times this week. One of my favorite quotes: “If I may play with metaphor for a moment, the study was like declaring guns no more dangerous than baseball bats when it comes to blunt-object head injuries. It was the equivalent of comparing milk and Elmer’s glue on the basis of whiteness. It did, in short, miss the point.”
Oh Lardy! is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.