Welcome to Friday Happy Hour! Check out all of the interesting things Kelly and Tamara found this week. Grab a glass of your favorite beverage, enjoy and cheers!
- If you are in the Chicagoland area, check out this amazing opportunity! Dr. Mark Hyman is coming to Skokie, IL to speak on 10/21 from 1-2:30. I will be there! Hope to see you! Click on the following link for more info about location and how to get tickets! Dr. Mark Hyman Event Info -tm
- Have you seen the movie Genetic Roulette yet? We have posted about it before, but wanted to post again as it is free to watch through October 17. A must see film about the possible dangers of genetically modified foods.
- Michael Pollan wrote this excellent piece for the New York Times over what is at stake for our country with regards to Prop 37 and the labeling of GMOs.
- The Center for Science in the Public Interest recently released this animated video showing the dangers of consuming too much sugar, featuring the song “Sugar” by Jason Mraz. You can watch the video at www.therealbears.org .
- Here's a short article from the Los Angeles Times that talks about the benefits of probiotic foods. How timely, given my series that I am doing now on the maintaining gut health! -tm
- Ever wonder how High Fructose Corn Syrup is made? Hint: You can't make it in your own kitchen! Check it out!