One of the easiest things I have done in the mission to detox my home is switch to better, and often homemade, cleaners. This easy and very inexpensive homemade ‘Soft Scrub' recipe is one more tool in my toolbox that easily gets rid of greasy sink gunk and soap scum. I am LOVING it!
We have been detoxing our household cleaners for awhile now by making our own homemade cleaners with simple ingredients like vinegar, castile soap and essential oils. We make our own dishsoap, hand cleaning spray and hand soap, too!
I have since switched to using Thieves Household Cleaner for almost everything from countertops to floors to toilets because it is even easier than making my own!
Sometimes, I do need a bit of scrubbing power for tough jobs. Simply sprinkling baking soda and scrubbing can work nicely but I love the power of this homemade soft scrub recipe and it smells great with the addition of essential oils too!
All you need is baking soda, castile soap or Thieves cleaner, essential oils and water. Boom! You can pour into any squeezeable type container (even repurpose an empty dish soap bottle).
- Add baking soda to plastic squeezeable container or other container. May need a funnel.
- It takes a while so shake and let it filter into the jar.
- Add soap and essential oils
- Add 2-3 tbsp of water.
- Stir with chop stick or knife.
- Add more water if needed.
- Cap and label.
- At home you can always add more water and stir if needed
- This makes about 8 ounces of soft scrub. You can easily adjust the recipe to fit whatever container you have. This also works well in a mason jar type container and you can just scoop out what you need. If it dries out, just add water and stir with a knife or chopstick.
And the lovely people over at SKS Bottle and Packaging have allowed us to share an exclusive discount with Oh Lardy readers! You can get these nice 12 ounce, plastic squeeze bottles (Item # 0073-05) for 10% off if you enter Coupon Code: SKSCoupon25 upon checkout.