We are constantly doing a lot to support our healthy immune systems. We eat fermented foods, take elderberry syrup, eat lots of green veggies and take Juice Plus.
Awhile back, I was on the hunt for a salve with soothing vapors that I could make at home. Besides, I have been on the hunt for non-toxic recipes or products to replace the ones that were in my cabinets! I found lots of recipes online so I figured it was something I should try out.
Does the thought of removing chemicals from your home seem daunting to you? Don’t sweat it. In just 5 days you can be well on your way to a toxin free home! Grab your 5 easy steps here!
Anyway, for my family, I put this homemade vapor rub on our feet at night, covered with socks. Love it!
- 5 tbsp.extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. evening primrose oil or other carrier oil such as olive oil or sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 8 – 10 drops tea tree essential oil
- 15 – 20 drops eucalyptus globulus essential oil
- In a small pan, melt the coconut oil and evening primrose oil.
- Add the beeswax, chopped up (or in granules) and stir until melted.
- Add the essential oils and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 4-oz. glass jar and allow to cool.
- I store mine in the medicine cabinet, instead of the fridge, because I want it soft enough to spread on tiny feet.
**NOT FOR ORAL CONSUMPTION**
This post has been part of Natural Living Monday