I love whipped cream! Whipped cream on pie, ice cream, hot chocolate, even just for dipping berries! But I will not eat the whipped cream that comes in that gross aerosol can or that fake ‘whipped topping'. And guess what, it is easy to learn how to make whipped cream at home using nourishing ingredients!
Many of the ones in the aerosol cans contain way more than cream. They contain ‘propellants', corn syrup, artificial flavors and so much more. And the other ‘whipped toppings' in a container contain so many crazy ingredients, often including: hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, and many other things I won't put in my body or my family's.
I love being able to control the quality of ingredients in the whipped cream…using quality full fat cream! Then what is often thought of as a junk food…can actually be quite nourishing!!
My daughter loves making whipped cream. It is so easy to do and the fun thing is you can sweeten or add flavorings to your desire. We don't like our whipped cream very sweet so only add a little maple syrup and like to add a little vanilla extract. Sometimes I have added Peppermint essential oil to top on hot chocolate, which is just divine!
You can feel free to adjust this recipe with whatever sweetener level and flavorings you want!!
This recipe is so easy, even children can learn how to make whipped cream! Check out this video of my daughter and her friend making homemade whipped cream.
- Organic Heavy Cream
- Maple Syrup (or other quality sweetener)
- Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Add heavy cream to stand mixer.
- Slowly turn mixer on to high.
- Watch carefully.
- It will start to thicken. Once it is a nice thickness, stop the mixer and add your sweetener to taste and vanilla (if using).
- Be careful not to let it mix too long, or it will separate into butter and butter milk!
- You can use a hand mixer and bowl as well.
- You can also add any flavorings you would like (peppermint oil, cinnamon, the sky is the limit!)