Okay, so my October Stitch Fix was mild success. I kept a top and an accessory. With a little renewed faith, I filled out my return questionnaire with lots of details and beefed up my pinterest board so that my designer would have little opportunity to fail.
So, how did we do this month?
What’s Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix is an online stylist program. You fill out your own Stitch Fix Style Profile and their personal stylists will handpick five clothing items and accessories unique to YOUR taste, budget and lifestyle! You can buy what you like and return the rest with free shipping.
What’s the Catch?
There really isn’t one. First you sign up and let them know all about your style on a pretty extensive survey (glamorous? edgy? low-rise jeans? preppy?) and you pay a $20 styling fee for the five items to be shipped to you. If you do not keep any of the five items, you are only out $20. If you keep anything from the selection, the $20 is applied to your order. AND if you keep all five items, you get 25% off your entire order!!! You can ship any items you don’t want back to Stitch Fix for free in their handy pre-paid mailer.
Benefits of a Fix
What are the benefits of participating in Stitch Fix? They are many!
1. Shop from home and try on in your own room! I never have time to go shopping, so it is low on the priority list. With Stitch Fix, you can try on these new items in your own room, with your own accessories and clothes.
2. Free shipping and return shipping.
3. Benefits of a stylist for free or at the most $20 (if you don’t keep any of your items). I love being able to work with a stylist who will pick items for me that I may never pick for myself. They are aware of brands and pieces that I would never know existed!
4. Gets better over time. For me, the first time was a BUST! The second time, it got a little better! As you give feedback with each order, your stylist can really get to know what works for you!
5. Styling Tips. With each order you get free styling tips with two different suggestions on how to wear each item. I love these suggestions! I just wish I had all of the pieces that are on the card!!
Kelly's November Stitch Fix
My husband was so kind to take pics of me in my outfits. Of course, he is taller than me so the perspective makes me have tiny legs. 🙂
Review: I actually didn't mind these pants too much. I liked the color, but the waist was a bit too high for me. I like to be comfortable in my clothes and I knew I wouldn't wear these. The top was too flowy and the color and fabric did not work for me at all. RETURN the top AND the pants.
On first glance I really liked this pattern, but as soon as I put it on I knew I wouldn't keep it. This particular pattern made me look wider than I actually am. RETURN.
I paired this cardigan with some skinny jeans and a white tank top. I really didn't like this color and it was too frilly. I like cardigan sweaters to be neater. RETURN.
I was really disappointed in my November Stitch Fix. I had really hoped with my previous review and boosted my pinterest board I would get a Fix that was spot on. It is almost as if they don't even look at my feedback.
I am giving Stitch Fix one more month to redeem themselves. For some reason I am hopeful. They can't get it completely wrong again, can they? Are you curious to try Stitch Fix! Go for it and tell us what you think!