I love the fresh scent of citrus! Lemon seems to make everything smell so clean! It is no wonder that lemon is a comment scent for cleaning products you would find in the store.
Besides having such a refreshing scent, lemon essential oil has many other uses.
Lemon essential oil is useful for:
In the home:
- Combine 2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with water in a spray bottle to help clean surfaces.
- Add 10–15 drops of lemon essential oil to a gallon of natural carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains, brighten carpet and rugs, and leave a fresh smell in the room.
- Use as a stain remover for laundry.
- Use 1–2 drops to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces. Best natural Goo-Gone!
- Place a few drops of lemon essential oil on a cotton ball and put in the refrigerator, or garbage can to help eliminate odors.
- Add lemon essential oil to baking soda and water and use as an all natural soft scrub.
- To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruits and vegetables, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil. Place produce in water, stir around so all surfaces come in contact with the lemon.
- Soak dish clothes in a bowl of water with 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil overnight to naturally clean.
- For a natural furniture polish, add several drops to a half cup of olive oil or beeswax.
For the body:
- Add lemon essential oil to a cup of water in the morning. It's full of antioxidants.
- Add to water or a smoothie for a refreshing pick-me-up. (SO tasty and uplifting!)
- Add several drops of lemon essential oil to a chicken marinade for a delicious dinner.
- Apply a drop of lemon oil to the tongue to freshen breath.
For the mind:
- Inhale lemon essential oil or place a few drops on a cotton ball to replenish your mind, body, and spirit.
- Place a drop in your hands to inhale, rub a drop into long or short hair, or diffuse through the room during times to uplift the spirits.
What is your favorite use for Lemon essential oil? I love having it in a glass of water first thing in the morning! Share your tips in the comments.
Using essential oils in your home can be a healthy alternative to chemicals. Don't feel overwhelmed! This is a journey and there is definitely a learning curve! We strongly recommend you use essential oils which are therapeutic grade and can be ingested as well as topically.