Today, I am excited to share this delicious mushroom soup recipe from Benjamin Smith of theonlinegrill.com. I love soup and this recipe is legit!! Give it a try!
I’ve had an odd history with mushrooms. For too long I completely neglected the magic white stuff. I often thought of it as flavorless and as filler food. But boy was I wrong!
Mushrooms have long been associated with a whole range of health benefits, such as mood-boosting vitamin D, a faster metabolism for weight loss, and a robust immune system.
Not only this, but they’re also crazy delicious.
So what dish finally made me change my attitude towards mushrooms? Nothing elaborate like vegetarian pâté, or bourguignon, but a brilliantly simple and straightforward one: Mushroom soup.
Its rich and creamy composition is beautiful, and with the onset of winter not far away it’s great to have a strong soup recipe as part of your culinary repertoire!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I loved making it. Be sure to let me know what you think of it, and if you have a different take on it!
Now let’s make this thing.
- 200g button mushrooms, chopped
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or butter
- A liter of vegetable stock
- 3 heaped tbsp creme fraiche
- Fresh thyme
- Heat oil in large pan. Add garlic, onions and mushrooms.
- On a low to medium heat, cook until mushrooms start to release water (usually 5 to 10 minutes)
- Add heaped tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves and vegetable stock. Simmer the mix for 30 mins.
- Blend with hand blender until mix is coarse and has a chunky texture.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of creme fraiche and season to taste.
- Serve with a tablespoon of creme fraiche and parsley on top.
- Oh Lardy note: I think this would also be delicious made with beef bone broth!
Mushrooms have a a whole range of health benefits. It helps in faster metabolism for weight loss and a strong immune system. These statements are true! Thanks for sharing the soup recipe! I will make one this weekend!
This is a must try! Something that will pique the interest of my guests on a Sunday dinner at my house. Something that is healthier and delicious to try. Thank you for sharing this wonderful and amazing recipe.
Great Recipe, Will have to try it this weekend!!!