I offer a variety of real food and healthy living classes, workshops and services in the Greater Phoenix Area. I put together private hands-on, small group hands-on and large group demo style classes.
If you are interested in a class please contact me at ohlardyblog (at) gmail (dot) com
Click to view EVENTS CALENDAR
Class Topics Available:
- Lacto-fermentation is an ancient preservation method that greatly increases the vitamins in vegetables and other foods, and also makes the minerals more available. The food is preserved for a long time by the lactic acid produced during the fermentation process. Many fruits, vegetables and dairy products can be fermented. Fermeted foods are bursting with enzymes and ‘good' bacteria and are very beneficial for your health…and they are tasty too!
- In this class you will learn about the history and the benefits of fermented foods. You will learn what is needed to make fermented foods at home. You will also learn some simple recipes that you can easily make in your own kitchen.
- You will receive all session notes and several recipes to get you started.
Kombucha and Probiotic Soda Alternatives
- Are you looking for healthy ways to quit the soda habit?
- I will demonstrate several different recipes for making healthy, probiotic-rich, fizzy drinks that your whole family will enjoy!
- Recipes include: kombucha, water kefir, ginger bug, lacto-fermented soda and more!
- I will have plenty for you to taste and will show you how easy it is to make these in your own home!
- You will be able to take home notes, recipes, and a kombucha SCOBY (to make your own kombucha tea…one of the recipes she will demo).
- Learn how to make this delicious and nutritious food in your own home.
- Learn why bone broth is so good for you and why you should drink it every day.
- Learn about bone broth's many financial, culinary and health benefits!
- Do you crave sweets? You’re not alone! The average American consumes 30 teaspoons of the sweet stuff every day — without even realizing it!
- Sugar can pack on the pounds, zap your energy, run down your immune system, make you moody and more. Wouldn’t you love to kick the sugar habit once and for all?
- Join me for a Sugar Busters workshop and change your life for the better!
- I will show you simple steps and proven strategies to help you understand why you crave sugar (hint: it’s not your fault!) and how you can break sugar’s hold on you.
- You've heard rumors of essential oils and getting over a tummy bug quickly or avoiding a cold or flu! The easing of fevers, constipation, bruising, scars, burns and more all naturally!
- You've heard talk about “diffusers”, “thieves”, “natural health” and more and now…you’re curious!
- THIS is the place to start!
- Together we'll go thru the 10 most essential Essential Oils and How to use them safely and effectively on yourself and your children!
- I will share information about these amazing oils and we will make some products together so you can take them home and experience the benefits!
Real Food Transition
- Are you trying to transition your family from the standard American diet, which is heavily processed and full of refined sugars, flours, trans-fats, artificial colors, flavors, and other chemicals to more natural and real foods?
- Learn how to read ingredient labels on packaged foods and identify additives, chemicals, preservatives, and fillers.
- We will talk about how to add more quality, nutrient-dense whole foods to your diet like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes, and how to source quality animal products.
- Discuss tips and tricks for helping your family crave real foods and learn about the health benefits of making the real food transition!
- You will take home session notes and a list of tips and recipes.
“Real Foodify” your favorite recipes
- When switching to a real food diet, you do not have to start over from scratch. Most of your family favorite recipes can be ‘Real Foodified' with a few ingredient tweaks, here and there. Bring me 10 of your favorite recipes and we can try to ‘Real Foodify' them together!
Good afternoon! I have heard about doing a Zyto scan and I am trying to figure where to get that done in Phoenix. I know once you get the Zyto scan you can use the essential oils in a certain way to get the best results. Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi, I started using essential oils for my ADHD kid a couple of months ago, now I use them for my whole family, and Heard about the Zyto Scan and was looking online where to get it done in Phoenix área and came across your blog…Could you help me with this? …hoping to hear back from you..thanks
Email me at email@example.com and we can set up an appointment to have you scanned. 🙂
I am new to fermentation and I am wondering where I can find body ecology culture starter or liquid whey locally. I live near Chandler Az. area.
P.S. Please sign me up for the Oh Lardy newsletter
I order the Body Ecology starter online, however you can make your own liquid whey at home! By straining yogurt, you can collect the liquid whey and use it in your ferments!
Here is a simple tutorial:
You can sign up for our newsletter right in the sidebar on our website!
I would love to make my own kombucha but taking a class right now is not a good option for me.
I wonder if I could by a scoby from you or if you could tell me where to buy one. Of course there’s amazon but having a scoby shipped in the middle of the Phoenix summer seems like a waste of money.
I have just recently retired and want to keep busy while staying healthy.