One of the things I miss now that we are a Real Food family is tater tots…really crispy, crunch tater tots. I loved those things!! These days we are focusing on eating food that is made with nourishing ingredients and it is possible to make tater tots nourishing by choosing better ingredients!
You know what is even better with tater tots? Bacon. Yep, bacon. Bacon always makes everything better!!
My friend, Kyndra Holley, who blogs over at Peace, Love and Low Carb has an excellent recipe for Bacon Sweet Potato Tots.
It is one of the many delicious recipes in her cookbook: The Primal Low-Carb Kitchen.
Friends, this cookbook has gobs of delicious, easy to make low-carb recipes…and many contain BACON!!! Bacon guacamole? Caprese salad with bacon vinaigrette? Yum!!
But the book doesn't cover only bacon recipes. You can expect a lot more:
- 85+ Low Carb, Primal and Gluten Free recipes
- All easy to find, whole food ingredients
- Full page color photo for every recipe
- Nutritional analysis for each recipe
- Simple swaps for your favorite snacks
- Create ways to maximize your grocery budget
- Kitchen must haves
- Seasoning and spice blends
In the meantime, try these fabulous Bacon Sweet Potato Tots! They are a perfect addition to your dinner table or to bring to a potluck!!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 6 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 cup (25 g) almond flour
- 1 tsp garlic power
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes, cooking only partially. Remove from the water and let cool.
- Using a box grater, grate the sweet potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Press paper towels into the grated sweet potatoes to soak up as much excess moisture as possible.
- To the sweet potatoes add the crumbled bacon, almond flour, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Form the mixture into small logs.
- Bake the tots for 40 minutes, or until they are nice and crispy on the outside.