Do you battle puffy eyes some mornings? I know I sometimes do! Sometimes I use a cold washcloth or cucumbers to reduce the puffiness but I recently came up with this serum to help. And it works great!
But, does detoxing your personal care products seem overwhelming? Don't worry, we've got you covered! Check out this awesome PDF that we created just for YOU!
If you are an essential oil user, give this a try!
You can use a variety of essential oils. Some of my favorites are: Rosemary, Bergamot, Frankincense, Roman Chamomile, Thyme, Lavender, Tea Tree, Rose, Cypress.
Why Puffy Eyes
Why do people wake up with puffy eyes? According to All About Vision, puffy eyes are caused by swelling or edema of the area. This is due to:
Edema around the eyes generally results from a variety of factors, including:
- Overconsumption of (refined – my note) salt, which causes fluid retention
- Allergies that can cause inflammation and swelling
- Sinus problems
- Fatigue and lack of sleep
- Inherited facial features
I find my eyes are always puffy after drinking a bit too much alcohol (hello dehydration!) or not getting enough sleep!
The first plan would be to reduce some of the above symptoms by making lifestyle changes, detox, eat real food and other such things. If, however, you wake up and need some puffy eye help, try this roll on!!
We recommend using Young Living Essential Oils. We love them! They are pure, have a Seed to Seal guarantee and we are proud to represent the company.
- Add the essential oils to an empty 5 ml roller ball bottle
- Add sweet almond oil
- Top with a roller ball top.
- Apply as needed around the eye socket bone in the morning.
- DO NOT get in the eye.
- *This recipe has been edited to remove oils considered 'dietary' by Young Living.