You guys are going to love this frozen dog treat recipe!
I often give my dog ice cubes and ice water but recently I decided that she needed a dog friendly popsicle too!
And as you can tell, she loved them!!
Frozen Dog Treat Recipe
I care about the quality of food my dog eats much the same way I do about my family. I read ingredient labels for her dog food and only choose nourishing, healthy treats and chews. When I came up with this dog friendly popsicle recipe, I wanted to keep it very nourishing but still make it a frosty treat!
I used cut up bits of grass fed beef (I was cutting up a roast and just cut off some of the end pieces), blueberries, coconut oil, probiotic capsule powder, NingXia Red (an antioxidant drink) and bone broth.
You can change up the ingredients to fit what your dog likes and what you have on hand but be sure you are choosing nutrient dense foods!
If you change up this frozen dog treat recipe, let me know what you decided to do in the comments! Would love to hear about other ways you keep your pets cool too!
- Depending on the number of popsicle molds you have, your number of ingredients may differ. This recipe is for 1 pop.
- Add meat and blueberries to popsicle mold
- Add coconut oil and NingXia Red
- Add probiotic powder (if using)
- Fill with bone broth
- Put in an edible 'stick' of your choice
- Freeze until solid
- Feel free to adjust the recipe according to your dog's preferences!