Every year when the leaves start to fall, I start to get obsessed at keeping our immune systems as strong as possible!
Why do we get sick? It isn't just because we are exposed to germs. Ever wonder while some people can be exposed to something and not get sick? Or why some get sick but recover quickly? It is because they have strong immune systems.
There are many things we can do to support our immune systems such as limiting sugar, getting good amount of sleep, eating fermented foods, drinking bone broth, using essential oils…the list goes on and on!
One of my favorite things to do is to chase my fermented cod liver oil with my homemade elderberry echinacea syrup. My daughter loves it too! And, now that we have been drinking NingXia Red, I like to mix the two together for a little Elderberry-NingXia mix!
I decided to make an even better way to get our elderberry syrup in our diets. I made echinacea and elderberry gummies! These are delicious and are so easy to make! Everyone will love them! You get the immune boosting benefits of elderberry, echinacea and NingXia Red (if you choose to add it) PLUS the benefits of gelatin. These healthy gummies are a win all the way around!
- Pour elderberry and echinacea syrup and lemon juice/vinegar into a small sauce pan.
- Sprinkled gelatin into the syrup.
- Let rest for a minute then turn up heat.
- Whisk briskly until gelatin is incorporated.
- Let cool.
- Taste and add honey if needed.
- Pour into silicone molds or a small pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Remove from molds or pan. If using pan, cut into small pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator in a mason jar.
- Enjoy daily!