As you know from my Stitch Fix Review from August and September, this is becoming my new favorite thing! I get so excited for my box of goodies to arrive each month and can't wait to see what my stylist chose for me!!!
I had great orders in October, November and December, but was so busy I forgot to post about them! They were successful and I have been loving my stylists!
Before I get into January's order, let me review what Stitch Fix is for those of you who aren't familiar!
What’s Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix is an online stylist program. You fill out your own Stitch Fix Style Profile and their personal stylists will handpick five clothing items and accessories unique to YOUR taste, budget and lifestyle! You can buy what you like and return the rest with free shipping.
What’s the Catch?
There really isn’t one. First you sign up and let them know all about your style on a pretty extensive survey (glamorous? edgy? low-rise jeans? preppy?) and you pay a $20 styling fee for the five items to be shipped to you. If you do not keep any of the five items, you are only out $20. If you keep anything from the selection, the $20 is applied to your order. AND if you keep all five items, you get 25% off your entire order!!! You can ship any items you don’t want back to Stitch Fix for free in their handy pre-paid mailer.
Benefits of a Fix
What are the benefits of participating in Stitch Fix? They are many!
1. Shop from home and try on in your own room! I hate shopping because I never can find just what I want or forget what I have in my own closet to blend with the new items. With Stitch Fix, you can try on these new items in your own room, with your own accessories and clothes.
2. Free shipping and return shipping.
3. Benefits of a stylist for free or at the most $20 (if you don’t keep any of your items). I love being able to work with a stylist who will pick items for me that I may never pick for myself. They are aware of brands and pieces that I would never know existed!
4. Gets better over time. I know lots of people who are getting their Stitch Fix and most are very happy! And, it gets better over time. As you give feedback with each order, your stylist can really get to know what works for you!
5. Styling Tips. With each order you get free styling tips with two different suggestions on how to wear each item. I desperately need this help. I am so not creative at making outfits!
Here is my video of the opening of my Stitch Fix January package. You can tell by my look on my face on the last item that the dress was not going to be a hit! 🙂
What do you think of them?
Market and Spruce Sam Hi-Lo Short Sleeve Tee $44
Mavi Freida Tall Skinny Jean $98
While the color gray can be blah, it makes a nice neutral and building piece. And the t-shirt is incredibly comfy and the jeans are perfect! In fact, I have worn the jeans almost every day since I received them! WIN!! KEEP!
Staccato Stellan Draped Cardigan $68
I can't tell you how much I dislike strong patterns like this on me. I feel like the sweater is wearing me, not the other way around. Dislike. RETURN!
Donna Morgan Jim Geo Print Sheath Dress $138
As you could tell from my expression in the video, I truly despise this dress. The colors and pattern are not me and it looks extremely frumpy. I walked downstairs for the picture and I wish I had taken a pic of my husband's face. Not for me! RETURN!
Bay to Baubles Lars Metal V Collar Necklace $28
I did not photograph the gold necklace. The more I looked at it, I realized it wasn't me. It looked kind of cheap and while I do prefer angular shape jewelry, it was too much! RETURN!
I was a bit disappointed with this Fix. The designer was new and clearly didn't check out my Pinterest board. I did make comments about this (which is the cool thing about Stitch Fix) and requested 2 stylists that I really enjoyed from previous Fixes. I love that about Stitch Fix. You can make comments and critique what you received. Usually the stylist takes note!
I did tell them I was very happy with the jeans and t-shirt though! Those are staples I will wear all the time!
I changed my Fix schedule to every other month because I was buying a lot of clothes and my husband thought it was getting ridiculous! So, be on the lookout in March for my Spring Stitch Fix review!!