I finished Phase 2 of the Superwoman Slim Down yesterday and was very excited to start to add some of the eliminated foods back into my diet.
As you know, during the first phase, one slowly removes certain foods (alcohol, sugar, gluten, etc) in preparation for Phase 2. Phase 2 is pretty tough, being basically a vegan diet with a few modifications.
But, I did it! I survived and I felt great!
What did I eat?
While Phase 2 of the Superwoman Slim Down is very strict and there are significant limitations on what I could eat, I found myself quite satisfied and full of energy. Here's a list of what I ate:
- Salads, lots of salad with mixed veggies, apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
- Beans and rice. I rediscovered my love for cooked beans. So tasty!
- Coconut milk-chia seed puddings like Chocolate Pudding from Free People and Pumpkin Pie Pudding from Real Food RN (without any sweetener though). I would have liked them a lot better with sweetener but it was hearty and a change from vegetables. I topped them with nuts and frozen blueberries.
- Kale chips
- Almond butter and brown rice cakes (tired of rice cakes)
- Vegetable curry (subbed the eggplant for sweet potato) over brown rice
- Smoothies, lots of smoothies
- A variety of cooked vegetables topped with coconut oil and sea salt
- Lemon water and more lemon water
- Dandelion tea
- 2 cups of green tea per day
That's pretty much it. Doesn't sound like a lot but I felt satisfied.
How Did I Feed My Family?
I got asked this question a lot and it really wasn't a big deal. My husband is on his own for breakfast and lunch due to his work schedule. My daughter would have her regular breakfast while I drank my green tea and lemon water. After taking her to school, I would have my breakfast of the puddings or a smoothie.
I have lunch on my own since she is at school.
The real trick was dinner. Basically, I made the salad and 3 different cooked veggies and would just grill a steak or some chicken for them. I would eat everything but the meat. It wasn't hard and I didn't have to cook separate meals!
How Did I Feel?
Surprisingly, I felt great! I was wanting a glass of wine or a scrambled egg but for a week, it was easy to be really strict on this plan. I felt like I had plenty of energy and never felt hungry or tired!
Next is Phase 3. Phase 3 just involves slowly adding back the foods I eliminated to see if I notice any change. Yesterday, I added back animal protein . That was so hard for me to not have any for a week! I didn't notice a difference in how I felt at all. Today I added back dairy. Again, still feeling great!
Now I will slowly add in more of the eliminated foods while keeping up with my detox routine!
Will report back at the end of Phase 3!!