Well, this past week, I received vegetables only. I was kind of glad that the veggie only time was this week as we were going out of town for a long weekend.
I picked up my delicious veggies and received
- bok choy
- lettuce mix
- ramps (wild leeks)
- dandelion greens
What did we do with this bounty?
- We ended up sauteeing the asparagus that night with a little salt, pepper and olive oil.
- We made a salad with the lettuce mix. Nothing fancy since we were headed out of town.
- I washed the radishes and brought them with me on the plane as a little snack.
- We made a simple fritatta with a few of the ramps and dandelion greens. It made a nice dinner the night we returned home
- I boiled 4 parsnips, 1 sweet potato (that was getting pretty old and wrinkly) and a couple remaining potatoes from the previous week. Smashed them with cultured butter, cultured sour cream and some chives. They were delicious!
- Finally, I made an amazing Spicy Shrimp with Bok Choy using the bok choy and remaining ramps. I will post that recipe next week!
Not sure what a CSA is? See my post on why you should join one!
Here's what I did with Week 1.
What did you do with your CSA bounty this week?