I got rid of all breakfast cereals a long time ago (much to the dismay of my younger son). Besides eggs, oatmeal, smoothies, and french toast this granola recipe serves as our go-to cold cereal option. I have it with milk in the morning or sprinkled on yogurt for a snack. I bet it would be delicious on vanilla ice cream!
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix together the oats, coconut, nuts, sunflower seeds, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Spread the granola evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, for 40 minutes.
- Add the raisins, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely before storing in the refrigerator.
- The granola can be stored for up to two weeks, but I doubt it will last that long!
This post was a part of Real Food Wednesday!