Nachos are always a crowd pleaser! The good news is they don't have to be a junk food! You can prepare nachos for your family using nourishing and delicious ingredients! Not only can you source good and local ingredients, you can give your favorite toppings an added boost!
For example, you can add a frozen cube of pureed beef or chicken liver to your ground beef mixture! You can also ferment salsa, or add some brine from another ferment into salsa for a quick fermented kick! Make your own refried beans with a healthy fat such as lard. Make your own homemade cheese sauce! The options are endless!
When we have nachos for dinner I like to prepare a big salad for a side. What are your favorite toppings for nachos? Do you have any tips on how you make YOUR nachos more nutritious? Please share with us!
- Prepare your ground beef with the cube of liver and your favorite nacho seasonings.
- Prepare the refried beans
- Prepare the homemade cheese sauce
- Layer all of your ingredients: chips, ground beef, beans, cheese sauce, salsa, grated cheddar and sour cream
- Feel free to add your favorite fixings such as black olives, avocado, guacamole, green onions, etc.