Supplement with Collagen
At Oh Lardy, you know we love our bone broth! It is full of healing collagen, gelatin, minerals and has so many benefits for the body. We love to drink it like a tea, add it to sauces and stir fries, make soups, even use it in pancake mixes (yes, I have done that!!).
Because of the immense benefits of collagen and gelatin in bone broth, we also like to take collagen in supplement form. Sometimes we feel we need a bit more collagen than we can drink bone broth. In my house, we add hydrolyzed collagen to our morning coffee every day and often to smoothies, protein shakes and other drinks.
There are also many other ways to add collagen to your diet but first let me tell you why it is so awesome!
What is Collagen?
Gelatin is basically just cooked collagen. When you make bone broth, all the collagen in the bones and tendons are all cooked down, you end up with gelatin. Collagen is a protein found only in animals and is pretty much in everything in our body! We like to supplement with Hydrolyzed Collagen, which is just collagen that has been broken down into smaller pieces and is easier for the body to digest and absorb.
Benefits of Collagen
- Improve Skin Health
- Promote Younger, Firmer Skin
- Support Joint Health
- Improve Gut Function and Digestion
- Keep Excess Inflammation in Check
- Build and Restore Muscle
- Support a Healthy Metabolism
- Keep Appetite In Check
- Promote Healthy Brain Function
- Promote Deeper Sleep
Why Perfect Supplements Collagen?
There are so many brands of supplements out there but what we have been loving about Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen is that they are transparent about their quality. You really have to trust the company you are purchasing supplements from.
- Comes from grass-fed cows, with no antibiotics, hormones, chemical fertilizers and pesticides (and they guarantee it! You know Oh Lardy LOVES this!!!)
- Collagen is hydrolyzed meaning it is easier to absorb
- Tasteless and dissolves easily in liquid! We put this in EVERYTHING!!
- 100% money back guarantee!
- No fillers, additives, etc. (check out their easy to read ingredient list below!)
(and bonus! Purchase Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen and can get 10% off by using coupon code OHLARDY10 at checkout!)
15 Easy Ways to Add Collagen to Your Diet
There are so many ways to add hydrolyzed collagen to your diet. Really, you can easily add it to your whole family's diet! We add about 1 to 2 tbsp daily to:
- Coffee (this is our usual)
- Hot Chocolate
- Fermented juices
- Smoothies and protein shakes (hubby does this every day too)
- Cottage cheese
- Nut butter
- No bake bites like these peppermint truffles
- Creamy dips and dressings
- Soups and stews
- Seriously…you can add it to anything!!