I got rid of all breakfast cereals a long time ago (much to the dismay of my younger son). Besides eggs, oatmeal, smoothies, and french toast this granola recipe serves as our go-to cold cereal option. I have it with milk in the morning or sprinkled on yogurt for a snack. I bet it would be delicious on vanilla ice cream!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut chips or flakes
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (sounds odd, but use it!!)
- 1/2 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix together the oats, coconut, nuts, sunflower seeds, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Spread the granola evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, for 40 minutes.
- Add the raisins, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely before storing in the refrigerator.
- The granola can be stored for up to two weeks, but I doubt it will last that long!
Oh Lardy http://ohlardy.com/
This post was a part of Real Food Wednesday!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE:
In order for us to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. AMAZON DISCLOSURE:
We have an affiliation with Amazon.com. If you use Amazon and would like to help us earn a little money to enable us to keep providing you excellent content, click this link for our favorite Garlic Peeler
. You do not have to buy the item, but we will receive a very small commission on anything you buy on Amazon within 24 hours. Thank you for your support!